Friday, September 12, 2014

Another Round!

The time had finally come.  I was about to start another round of fertility medications.  I was so nervous to begin doing shots for the first time.  

Basically the meds would be assisting in my body conceiving by doing the following...
The Letrozole is a pill that is basically used to create ovarian stimulation, which makes my body produce multiple follicles and helps them to grow.  Alot of women take this for menopause or after they have gone through surgery for breast cancer.  Weird...I know.  The second drug used in the cycle is an injection called Menopur.  Girls in the infertility community called this one the 'devil's tears'.  Because it BURRNNNSSS.  Menopur stimulates the follicles to grow.  And lastly is the "trigger" shot.  This one is called Ovidrel.  Ovidrel assists in the final maturation of the follicles and triggers the release of the mature eggs from the follicles.  This always has to be done at the perfect time.  The follicles cannot be too young, or too mature.  They have to be just right.  :)

I was so excited. I had my syringes, drugs, and sharps container, and I was ready to go!  The nurses had me watch some online videos on self injecting, and had me show them that I knew what I was doing.  I also had to learn how to mix the drugs to achieve the proper amounts needed.  It was go time.  Depending on the drug, some had to be kept refrigerated, and then taken out and brought to room temperature before administering.  

                                                          It was go time!








No comments:

Post a Comment