Sunday, September 15, 2013

July 31, 2013- Pre-Op Appointment

Here it was... it was a Wednesday, July 31.  I was finally at my pre-op appointment for my long anticipated Salpingectomy.  I was nervous because the surgery was so close, and I am soooo afraid of anesthesia.  We did routine blood work to ensure everything was ok before Friday came.  We then did ultrasounds to see if both ovarian cysts were gone now, from me being on birth control for the past several months!  The left ovarian cyst was gone!  I was so happy!! Now as far as the right ovarian cyst, the tube was far too large to even see if the cyst was still present or not.  With that being said, the doctor planned to assess the situation when he went in for surgery, in regards to the cyst.  We then discussed what would happen during the surgery in much detail.  We went through all of the different possibilities, the risks, and of course the plans for the Salpingectomy in  general.  I was so scared of getting anesthesia done, so I asked my doctor if I could just get an epidural so the area would be numb and I wouldn't have to get put to sleep.  (I had this all planned out in my head!)  He just laughed at me and told me no.  He said that he has to be very precise with this procedure and I had to be completely asleep.   I think he thought I was kidding, so I tried again and told him that I would be really still and would pretend to be asleep.  This was all quite humerus to him!  So as you can see, my plan to not get anesthesia did not go so well. Lol  Now it was time for me to mentally prepare for the big day!
                                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment