Monday, September 23, 2013

My Surgery 'Eve'

It was the night before my surgery.  I was doing everything I could to not be stressed, scared, and anxious all rolled into one.  My husband planned a night of celebration for us.  He knew my fears and how emotional I had been the days leading up to this.  He surprised me and made private reservations on a yacht for us to have dinner.  He knows how much I love being on the water.  I remember it as such a beautiful night.  We toasted to my surgery as a celebration.  This was going to be a new beginning for us in this journey.  We were finally going to get some answers we had been longing for.  The yacht was incredibly romantic, and even had a dj!  We ate, laughed, talked about things to come, and watched the sunset over the water.  It was the perfect night.  Im so blessed that my husband is so thoughtful in his ways, and knew exactly how to get my surgery off my mind.  It was a simple, yet perfect celebration.



No comments:

Post a Comment