Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Released from the hospital and back to normal :)

Over the course of the next 5 days in the hospital, they fed me through my IV (in case I would need sugery at any moment).  My gynecologist and I decided together that I would continue on the Morphine and antibiotics intravenously, so we could continue to avoid having to operate.  They were constantly running test and doing blood work to monitor the cyst and the infection.  The cyst was so large that the doctors could barely tell if it was located on my fallopian tube or my ovary.  They soon discovered that it was wedged in between the two, but attached to my ovary.  After a couple of days they took my off the Morphine and put me on Vicodin, as I continued my antibiotics intravenously.  Luckily, it all worked!!! My cyst was no longer infected or ginormous! Things were looking good!  I was so excited that I didn't have to get surgery and I could finally eat real food!  Later that week, I was released to go home and get on birth control to help control any future production of the cysts.  I was a happy girl...   I continued on antibiotics orally until I was told otherwise.  I was finally getting my life back to normal. 

Lucky me....   :)   my husband took me on my first trip to DisneyWorld just a couple weeks after my release from the hospital, and my Disney obsession began.    :)   

                                                         Throwback to 2008!







No comments:

Post a Comment