Sunday, July 7, 2013

Let The Journey Begin

On October 30, 2010 Miguel and I got married. <3  I was beyond excited and happy.  We had been talking about having kids, which made me so excited to finally get off of my birth control once the madness of the wedding was over with.  I quickly made an appointment with my doctor to inform him that I would be getting off my birth control that I had been taking for my ovarian cysts, just to make sure it would be a safe thing to do, so that I could start trying to get pregnant.  I got the approval and my doctor was on board!  I waited for 3 months to start "trying", per my doctor's request once I completely stopped taking my birth control.  By December of 2010, we were officially "trying"!   I had read that if you don't get pregnant after a year of trying to conceive and you are under the age of 35, then it is best to seek medical help to see if there could be a potential problem.  After a year had gone by, I still had not gotten pregnant.  At this point I didn't think too much into it.  I just thought that maybe my timing was off.  I told myself that I had to be more precise.  I started to constantly track my menstrual cycles, ovulation, marked my calendar, and even bought home ovulation kits.  Another 6 months passed. Nothing. It had been a year and a half, and nothing had happened.  I started to think that maybe something could be going on that I was not aware of, and I decided to make a doctors appointment.  This is where my journey with infertility begins.  




No comments:

Post a Comment