Saturday, October 26, 2013

Salpingectomy Photos *Graphic*

The following pictures were taken by two cameras that were inside of me during the entire surgery.  


         This first picture is a shot of my two fallopian tubes and my uterus in the middle.  






    
 Next, they injected contrast (dye) into my cervix and through my fallopian tubes to see if the contrast would spill out through both tubes and into my abdomen.  This would confirm whether or not the tubes were open or not.  I have had this test done twice before, but it is something they like to do during the surgery as well.  The blueish ugly looking thing on your right, is my right fallopian tube, also referred to as the hydrosalpinx.  The tube was completely closed at the end, thus not allowing any of the contrast to exit.  The tube just kept expanding larger and larger as it filled with contrast.




This is the final shot from the surgery.  As you can see, the right fallopian tube is now gone.  The left one was repaired and still remains.

 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! I am so glad that I was able to help you. I had been wondering how your surgery went.
      My tube was also wrapped around and stuck to my ovary. So we had a very similar situation!! I'm glad that they were able to remove it successfully and get everything back to as normal as possible. Now you can move on to the next step In your journey.
      How are you feeling now that it is all behind you??
      You are very welcome for the information, as this is the sole reason why I share my story. I hope to continue to help you and hear about your journey.
      Happy Holidays!!! ♡

      Delete