Monday, January 6, 2014

Contintuing The Journey After Surgery

After surgery, I began to do ovulation predictor kits, and would also get blood work done to check my progesterone levels.  My first month of doing ovulation predictor kits after surgery came back positive, and my  bloodwork for my progesterone came back as a 13.4.  This was exciting because it showed that I had good ovulation!  I finally had something to get excited about!  The next month I tested my ovulation once again.  It was positive!  I got my blood work, as usual, and my progesterone still detected ovulation, but had dropped to about a 10.  Regardless of my progesterone slightly dropping it felt good to know that my body was getting itself back on track.  

I didn't get pregnant either month, although I started to continue to feel a dull pain on my right side.  My first initial thought was that maybe this was from my surgery.  But as time went on, I thought, surely this couldn't be my ovary still trying to heal itself.  Weeks had already gone by since my surgery, wouldn't it have healed already?  I knew what this feeling was.... I had developed an ovarian cyst.  I scheduled a doctors appointment, and requested that they schedule an ultrasound for me to find out what was causing this pain and discomfort. 

I went in and had an ultrasound done.   Sure enough... I was right.  I had developed a right ovarian cyst.  Although this was quite a bummer, there was good news to this.  It was just a "simple" ovarian cyst.  This meant that it was not be of concern, and I could go back for a follow up ultrasound in 6 weeks.  While I was there they also did some blood work to check my white blood cell count to make sure I did not have an infection.  In the meantime, I had the 'ok' from my doctor to keep trying to conceive naturally.  



No comments:

Post a Comment