Sunday, February 2, 2014

December 10, 2013 Appointment

     It was December 10, 2013, and my appointment was finally here.  I had been experiencing some pain and discomfort over the past 6 weeks, so I was quite nervous for the outcome of this appointment.  I knew my cyst was still there.  I really did not want to have to get another surgery, but at the same time, I knew that I wouldn't be allowed to start fertility drugs until this issue was taken care of.  
     
    We started the ultrasound, and my doctor immediately found the cyst.  I knew he would.  The cyst had not gotten smaller at all....it had actually doubled in size!!  How did this even happen??  I had been on continuous birth control for the past 6 weeks and suppressing my cycles!  We were so confident that this would work, because it worked the last time we got rid of 2 cysts before my Salpingectomy.  My doctor said..."Imagine the size of a golf ball, and compare it to the size of a baseball."  That was how much more it had grown.  

     When the doctors and nurses left the room I just began to cry.  My mother-in-law had come to the doctor with me for the first time. She just began to cry with me, because there was nothing she could say to fix things.  I remember telling her "Welcome to my world...."

     I was crushed once again.  Miguel and I had been talking about how amazing it would be to conceive and announce it to our families in such a special way for Christmas.  I would get so excited just thinking about how awesome that would truly be.  How amazing it would feel to finally have a positive and share it with the world.  But in reality, that wouldn't be happening.  I just had to face it.  My doctor decided to hold off on surgery at the moment.  We decided to start a stronger, more potent birth control for another 6 weeks, while continuing to suppress my cycles.  He wanted to do anything he could to avoid another procedure, if at all possible.  So over the next 6 weeks, I would be anxious.  I was ready to start my new pills called Low-Ogestrel and was praying that they would get the job done.  

                                          Next appointment.....January 21! 



No comments:

Post a Comment