Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Beach

I could still feel my side throbbing.  Why wasn't this thing going away?  I just knew I was going to need another surgery.  It's not that I was just being negative, but it would be just my luck.  I started to mentally prepare myself.  Didn't even shed a tear.  If I was going to have to endure this journey even more, I knew I had to be strong.  I confided in my husband alot.  I told him my fears, my worries, and my anxieties.  He always gave me the reassurance I needed to keep going.  He was going to be by my side no matter what.  We were in this together. 

We decided to take a spontaneous trip to the beach with some friends one Saturday night.  The beach is like therapy for me.  Why pay someone, when I have nature to sooth my soul?....  Is it a coincidence that it is cold and raining as I type this entry?   The next morning we woke up and I had the hubby take me to Starbucks.  I sat on the rocks and drank my coffee on the beautiful beach, as the sun was barely saying hello.  I just listened to the waves crash and hung out with my husband and friends in silence.  I could stay there all day, getting lost in my thoughts, and zoning out to where I wouldn't think at all.  This was exactly what I needed.  I kept thinking about what would be happening next in this journey, and I kept telling myself that I could get through this.  I've come this far.  I had no other choice but to keep pushing through.  

            48 hours to go until my next appointment... I knew where this was going.....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment