Saturday, June 21, 2014

April 14, 2014: Cycle 1, Cycle Day 3

It was finally time!! We were able to start trying again!!  This would be our first cycle to try after my second procedure.  I would be doing Letrozole, Menopur, and Ovidrel with scheduled intercourse.  I had to call the doctor when I started my cycle and be in their office by cycle day 3. So here I was!  I had to do my baseline ultrasounds and bloodwork.  It had been about 4 weeks since my surgery and I was so excited that the time had come and how fast it had all flown by.  They complete my bloodwork like a breeze.  That's never the hard part.  What is nerve wrecking are the ultrasounds.  So they began doing my ultrasounds and it was so uncomfortable.  I just had a bit of a feeling because this is just all too familiar.  Sure enough... the cyst was back.  WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!??!?!  It had only been 4 weeks since my surgery for goodness sakes and the cyst was already back!!!!  How is this even happening??  My mom looked so disappointed.  She said you could see the emotion all over my face.  I couldn't believe the cyst was back.  I was fighting back the tears more than ever so this lady could finish my ultrasounds.  The nurse said that there was a chance that my cycle would be cancelled because of this.  I was coming up with anything I could to try to convince her that everything was ok, and I wanted to start no matter what.  She said that it would ultimately be up to the doctor.  I told her that we would not be using the right side to conceive, due to what he found during surgery.  We would solely be relying on the left side to get pregnant, so it should be ok....right?  The ultrasounds were over.  The nurse told me to keep my Letrozole medication with me just in case I got the all clear.  I was instructed to start the Letrozole by 4pm if the doctor did not call me to cancel my cycle.  He would be reviewing the ultrasounds and bloodwork and making a decision on whether or not I could continue with this cyst present.  All I could do is wait.  That was one of the longest days ever.  I barely managed to pull myself together to walk into work after that appointment.  The minute the girls asked me how things went, I lost it.  I just needed time to process things, and clear my head, and all I could think about was the doctor possibly calling to cancel my cycle.  I'm pretty sure I checked my phone every 5 minutes to see if he had called.  No call.  Finally, it was almost 4 o'clock and the doctor never called!!  That means I was cleared to start treatment!!! WHOOOHOOO!!!! :) :)  At 5pm, I took my first Letrozole. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment