Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Post-Operative Healing & Recovery

I was home from surgery.  Although this surgery was very similar to my previous operation, the healing and recovery felt a bit different.  I felt more drained from this one for some reason.  Maybe it was the medications used, and maybe that's why my recovery time was so much longer.  The pain from the gas was making me miserable.  I woke up the next day in tears from the pain.  I don't take pain medicine, so I just endured the pain and tried to sleep it off.  The gas continued to travel up my body and into my neck.  No position was comfortable.  Not laying, sitting up, walking, showering, nothing.  It would just take time.  One of the great things about this procedure is that they just re-opened my previous incisions, instead of creating new ones.  I couldn't wait for my post-op appointment to find out all of the details.  So for the next couple of weeks, I would be resting and relaxing. 

                                 

                                   Post- Surgery bloat from the CO2 Gas inflated into my abdomen
                           

                                                                              The first look at my stomach

                                                   One of my incisions and post operative bruising

                                                                        Post surgery stomach & bloating

                               My babies taking good care of their momma and keeping me company :)


No comments:

Post a Comment