Wednesday, August 7, 2013

April 4, 2013 9:37:49AM

Well this was a day that I was dreading.  After my first dye study I told myself that I would never do that test again...and here I was back in the hospital anxiously awaiting another test.  I was slightly hopeful about one thing.....this was month 4 of being on the fertility medications.  I called my doctor's office and found out that my progesterone levels shot up to a 30.  Can you believe it!!  I was ovulating!!  The medications were actually working :)  My doctor, the nurses, and the radiologists told me that the dye study sort of "flushes" your tubes out, leaving them clean.  I was also aware that most women on the medications I was taking, normally get pregnant during month 4 of taking them.  So with clean tubes, my body ovulating,  and April being my fourth month of being on the medications.. I was sooo excited, because this could be it.  My doctor told me, if I were to get pregnant while on these medications, this would most likely be the month. :)  Lets do this!

Miguel went with me to this dye study.  He looked a bit nervous.  So was I.  When we arrived at the hospital they did a blood test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before the test began.  I mean... really..obviously I wasn't pregnant. I know it's just protocol, so moving on....  Once they had us back in the room, they had the catheter and all of their tools out and ready.  Once the catheter was inside of me and successfully attached to my uterus, they called Miguel over closer to them to watch the screen as they injected the contrast into my body.  The doctor explained to him and I exactly what they were doing, and also showed him what to look for.  The previous dye study detected that both of my tubes were open.  I was praying this was still the case.  I laid there on that steel table, taking deep breaths, ready for it to be over with. 

The doctor said... "There's no spillage coming from your right tube."  I'm thinking to myself...What does that mean?!  I sat up on the metal table and asked him what that meant for me trying to have a baby.  He said, "The right tube is closed, and is filled with fluid.  As long as you have your left tube, you can still get pregnant, but this does cut your chances in half.  Your right tube will not work to get you pregnant at this point."

The test was over.  There was so much contrast left in my right tube, they had me lay there for a while so I wouldn't pass out.  It is water base so eventually your body absorbs it.  I was so sad, I remember I began crying when I got in the car.  My right tube had closed over the past 2 years, and that left me with just one side to try and conceive with. But I had to stay positive, because after all, this could be the month...... remember!  This could happen with one tube!  I had to come to peace that this situation was not in my control.  It never was in my control in the first place.  Whatever was meant to happen would happen, and I had to be ok with whatever the outcome would be.  

I would soon be getting in touch with my gyno to talk about what the next step would be. 

                                                         Progesterone Bloodwork


                                                  

                                                Clomid and Premarin Continues..



                                                                Dye Study #2






No comments:

Post a Comment