Sunday, August 11, 2013

Emotions and Coping

At first I wasn't sure how my husband would handle all of this.  Men are so different from us woman.  Going through infertility is something that you think would never happen to you.  You don't know how you would handle it unless you are living it.  I was getting so irritated with people saying things to me.  For instance, "Just relax it'll happen."   "You just think about it too much".  "I understand how you feel".  

Nobody understands or can even slightly comprehend how this feels.  Unless you have physically and emotionally fought through infertility personally, you have no clue what it's like. 

My husband is my everything.  He has been very positive and such a huge support system through this entire journey.  He is my rock.  He lets me cry when I need to cry and says just the right things. Of course we have our good and our bad days, but we are in this together, no matter what the outcome may be.  

 I was actually happy regardless of the situation.,, and I was proud of myself for that.  How could I not be happy??? I had a wonderful husband, family, friends, my health, my fur babies.. I was alive!!!  I know I'm strong, but there were days when the reality of the situation would hit me hard.  Days where I felt like my body had betrayed me.  I would just cry until I felt better.  I learned to control that.  My best friend Alicia told me "Let yourself cry.  You need to".  I listened to her every word and it helped me cope.  I would stop myself at times and think... "This isn't so bad.  There are people and children dying out there.  Praying for just one more breath.  It could be worse.  There are people out there who would gladly trade places with me." 

 I had to have FAITH.  This is where the core of my strength lies.  This was happening for a reason, and I knew I was strong enough to go through this.  

My husband knows how my I love being on the water.  It's my sanctuary.  He decided to give me a day at the beach.  :)  I just needed to be near the water, listening to the waves crash, while soaking up the sun.  Nature is bliss.   #Blessed



No comments:

Post a Comment