Wednesday, January 22, 2014

November 1, 2013 Appointment

     The day of my appointment was here.  It was November 1, 2013, and we would be doing ultrasounds to see if my simple ovarian cyst was still simple.  This is what I was ultimately hoping for, so I could keep trying to conceive naturally. After everything Miguel and I had been through, the last thing we wanted was more setbacks.  At this point, I just wasn't sure I could handle any more setbacks, mentally.  

The news was not what I had expected....

     The ultrasounds showed that my cyst had turned into a complex cyst with abnormal characteristics called palpitations......or at least I think that's what they were called.  This caused a concerned for my doctor, because the abnormal characteristics were not a good sign.  I was emotionally drained at this point.  This meant that trying to conceive at all, was completely out of the question until further notice.  He told me that they were going to do some blood work to make sure the cyst was not a tumor.  I was like....What!! A tumor?!?!?  What was going on???  If it were a tumor, I would need surgery immediately, so they could do a biopsy and make sure it wasn't cancer.
     
     My doctor was very thorough about about explaining his thoughts on the matter, and made me feel very comfortable about the entire situation as a whole. At the end of the day, deep down I was very scared.  The doctor told me that with my age, and being in good health, that I should not be too concerned, and the blood work was just something we needed to do to be completely sure.

     The only thing we could do now is wait for the bloodwork to come back and pray that this was not a tumor.  Dr. Crochet put me on a birth control called Sprintec to help get rid of the cyst, that had quickly become so complex.  I was on edge, and I knew I would stay on edge until I got my results back from my bloodwork, which would take approximately a week.  I would now have to wait another 6 weeks until my next ultrasound.

     Why is it that every time I feel like I am 2 steps closers, I get kicked 5 steps back.  When things seem to be going the right way, something else negative seems to come up, and the wait is longer.  I don't have all of the answers, but what I do have is my faith.  I'm not sure why things are happening this way, but the only thing I can do is continue to stay strong and keep my faith stronger.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment