Tuesday, July 16, 2013

January 24, 2012 8:18:37AM

As time went on, I continued to get monitored.  I even got on birth control for some time to attempt to get rid of the cyst.  Miguel and I moved to Los Angeles for a year, and I remember being at work one afternoon and having some very uncomfortable abdominal pain.  I knew exactly what this pain was.  Its a discomfort unlike anything else.  There was no way  I had another cyst while on birth control.  That was the whole reason I got on the birth control in the first place!  I made an appt to get checked as soon as possible. My biggest fear was getting another infection. Sure enough, I had a cyst... even while on birth control.  This was such a bummer. :(  I felt like it was going to be a never-ending problem.  I got my first cyst in 7th grade, and it just seemed like nothing was ever going to change. This was really starting to affect me now.  Was it ever going to just go away, or would I be dealing with this for the rest of my life.  Unfortunately I don't have every single report from every ultrasound or blood work done.  I would be here forever!  Every month was different.  It seemed like nothing was ever consistent with my body.  

During this particular ultrasound they found what is called a Nabothian cyst.  These are small cysts on the cervix, and they are typically not harmful.  They are actually quite common.  Moving along......My right ovary that previously had a simple cyst developing, now either had a complex or hemorrhagic cyst.  Ughh...  Also found was a smaller paraovarian cyst.   These are usually small and are usually found near the fallopian tube and/or ovary, but are never attached to them.  The radiologist noted that this could possibly be the previous cyst that I had on my right ovary, or a new one that had developed.  It was hard to distinguish.  But looking on the bright side of things, there actually was good news with this ultrasound! The previous complex cyst that I had on my left ovary, was gone!  :)  There were no cyst found on my left side at all.  (My right side was always the problem area anyway, so this didn't surprise me.)  With all that being said, the radiologist suggested that I continued to get monitored. 




No comments:

Post a Comment