Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 25, 2011 Blood Work & Results

My doctor ordered that I have blood work done to test several things that could possibly be affecting me while I was trying to get pregnant: 

First, my Progesterone level.  For the Progesterone test, you have to schedule it on a specific day of the month after your menstrual cycle to get the most accurate results.  The Progesterone level shows whether or not you are ovulating.  That number needs to be above a 5.  If it is any lower than a 5, then you did not ovulate that particular month.  It's one of those things where it can't be too low or too high.

The Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) test is a blood test to check your thyroid and make sure it is not under active or over active, also known as hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.  Abnormal levels can seriously affect you when you are trying to get pregnant. 

Another blood test done was my Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) or Mullerian Inhibiting Substance (MIS) to test my ovarian reserve.  


                                                            RESULTS ARE IN!!
                                            Progesterone Level- 4.5 (Below Normal)
                                       TSH Level- 1.390 (Normal Thyroids .360-3.740)
                                       AMH/MIH- 5.55 ng/mL  (Normal Reserve Count)







 There it is... another issue.  I didn't ovulate that particular month.  Before jumping straight into fertility medication for low Progesterone, we decided to keep testing it to ensure accuracy and consistency.  Was I not ovulating every month, or was it fluctuating?  Not only that, I can't stop thinking about my scarred fallopian tubes.  How can this even be happening....

No comments:

Post a Comment