Monday, July 22, 2013

May 15, 2012 9:41:28AM

I went in for my routine Transvaginal Ultrasound.  My uterus looked normal as it had in the past studies. :)  At least I had one team player still going strong.  There was a dilated fluid-filled tube in the right adnexal region.  My right ovary was still cystic.  It was hard to distinguish the from the dilated tube considering their close proximity to one another.  Although difficult to see, there was a 2.5cm cyst on my right ovary with a single septation.  (This meant that the cyst was problematic, and contained both solid and liquid components.)

The right tube was being called a hydrosalpinx.  This was not confirmed in the two most recent studies, due to the absence of fluid.  

I was ready to take the next step.  Throughout this whole process I wanted to keep things as natural as possible.  My body was not cooperating. At this point, we needed to get Miguel's sperm checked.  My doctor had mentioned getting this done several times before, but I kept pushing it back.  I was almost 100% sure he wasn't the problem.  Considering that Miguel works in such hot environments, this was a slight concern, because it's not healthy for the sperm.  I still didn't think this was the issue.  We needed to rule him out of the problem before I would undergo any further testing.  






No comments:

Post a Comment