Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The first Hysterosalpingogram results are in!

                                                The catheter in place, before contrast has been injected.



                            The contrast fully injected and the tubes being shown, as well as spillage.
 

The test detected that I had a normal uterus.  There was early filling of the right tube and spillage into the peritoneal cavity.  This suggests that the right tube was open!  The right tube appeared mildly dilated distally.  There was delayed filling of the left tube.  The left tube contour was slightly irregular suggesting scarring.  Spillage from the left tube was identified as well... Open as well!! In other words, or for a better understanding... Both of my tubes were open!! The contrast in my left tube did not spill over as quick as the right tube due to scar tissue.  When I had the infected cyst back in 2008, the infection went through my fallopian tubes, thus slightly damaging them with scar tissue.  Because of this, my doctor didn't think that the sperm could get through my left tube fast enough due to the scar tissue, thus not allowing me to get pregnant on the left side as easily.  With that being said, I would have to use my right tube and "lean to the right" to continue trying to get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment